Change and Transformation business partner
I have 20 years’ experience in the corporate world. I have held senior positions in marketing and communication roles, both in-house and in corporate communication agencies, most recently heading up the European marketing department for the Goodman Group, an Australian property development and fund management company.
I have deep experience in organisational design, culture change and executive team coaching as enablers for business. Over the course of my career, I have lead M&A-, transformation and culture change projects for Goodyear, Weight Watchers, General Motors (Opel), CSC, DSM and the Goodman Group.
I hold a degree in Communication Science from the Sydney Institute of Technology, and a diploma in Public Relations from Damelin Management School in Cape Town, South Africa.
Supporting the people side of change
I am a certified Prosci change facilitator and have completed courses in Transformational Presence in Leadership & Coaching and Leading Change with Theory-U. I am also a qualified Organizational and Relationship Systems Coach (ORSC). My corporate experience and insight into the dynamics of matrix organizations, coupled with these studies equip me with highly effective approaches for facilitating transformation in individuals, relationships and organisations.
"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself." - Soren Kierkegaard
Helping to create tomorrow’s leaders
Having grown up in South Africa during the apartheid years, I realised early on that many of the opportunities I was given in life depended on nothing more than the sheer luck of the circumstances I was born into. Seeing the enormous gap in opportunities and possibilities available to me versus children from colored or black communities left an inerasable impression.
My leadership role models were Nelson Mandela an Desmond Tutu. I am passionate about authentic, purposeful (personal) leadership and our responsibility to pay it forward to help transform lives – inside and outside organizations. Since 2008, I have been conducting interviews with leaders for publications in Belgium, South Africa and USA.
In 2013, I founded Dare to Dream Project, a non-profit organization that aims to inspire and empower girls from disadvantaged communities throughout Africa to realise their dreams and lead fearlessly.
Between 2013 and 2018, the organization has reached over 2,500 girls with inspirational events, leadership development workshops and mentor circles in South Africa, Uganda and Kenya.
Some highlights along the way…
- Moved from Belgium to South Africa as a young girl in 1980
- Completed a diploma in Public Relations in Cape Town in 1992
- Owned my first businesses (3 lingerie stores and an Italian coffee shop) between 1991 and 1995
- Moved to Australia in 1996
- Completed a degree in Communication Science between 1997 and 2000 in Sydney, Australia
- Worked at various Michelin Star restaurants to pay the tuition fees
- Moved back to Belgium in 2002 (this weather, what a shock!!!)
- Drove from Belgium to Gambia (7000km) in an old Land Rover Discovery in 2009. Published a series of columns in De Morgen – a Belgian national newspaper’s weekend edition on the adventure.
- Founded Dare to Dream Project in 2013
- 2018 – Founded Thrive now